Your donation will support 22 Projects in 2022:
DaVita Mattoon Dialysis
Debby and David Tolle
Harold and Cheryle Gambill
Howell Adams Family Foundation
Melanie Bailey Mills
jenny Fifer Bushur
Mary Jane Linton
Richard and Barbara Funk
Marla James Carnes
Tracey Lammers Spears
Rotary Clubs of Coles County
Roxanne and Larry Lilly
Stacy and Melvin Pierce
Steve and Raelyne Lane
Katlyn Marie St. Clair
Thank you to all of our supporting donors who made contributions in 2021. Look at all the projets we accomplished below with the support of our members and donors! There is still time to donate for 2021, click here to contribute.
Douglas-Hart Nature Center
The Whiteside Garden
- Install solar panels - 100% completed
- Remove Ash trees stricken by the Emerald Ash Borer around the visitor center - Will continue into 2022
- Reopen the visitor center in spring of 2021 - Completed thanks to your support!
- Resume in person programming March 2021 - Completed!
- Restore habitat near the outdoor classroom (canopy assessment, remove several black locust trees, remove invasive plants, and plant 100+ native flora) (Thank you National Environmental Education Foundation for supporting this project along with our volunteers! Interested in helping with this project? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org) - Completed
- Plant hundreds of prairie plants in the Edge prairie (Saturday, April 24, 2021) - Rained out, but join us for another planting day! - Completed!
- Host Master Naturalist training in cooperation with the U of I Extension in fall 2021 - Completed!
- Continued habitat improvement along our East Edge/Lerna Road - Will continue into 2022
- Repair parking lot lights - Completed with the help of Coles Moultire Cooperative!
- Redo community garden beds - Moved to 2022
- Install Fiber Optic Internet - 100% completed!
- Repair and repaint garden shed - Completed!
- Install flower boxes on garden shed - Completed!
- Rebuild wishing well cover - Moved to 2022
- Install new furniture including a glider, bench, and patio set - Completed!
The Whiteside Garden
- Celebrate the grand opening of The Whiteside Garden spring 2021 - Completed!
- Complete gut and renovation of the downstairs bathroom - Completed!
- Complete gut and renovation of the upstairs bathroom to be ADA accessible - Completed! Thank you for your support!
- Develop reception area complete with gift shop - Completed!
- Develop exhibit area to include pictures, articles, exhibits, etc. - Completed!
- Replace upstairs sliding glass doors in exhibit room - Moved to 2022
- Replace basement sliding glass doors - Moved to 2022
- Develop trail map brochure - Completed!
- Develop self guided tour resources - Moved to 2022
- Develop docent and tour guide program for volunteers - Completed!