Into the Woods Fundraiser: An Outdoor Escape Room Experience
The Douglas-Hart Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that receives no tax support. The Foundation manages three properties: Douglas-Hart Nature Center, Friendship Garden, and Whiteside Garden. Due to COVID-19, our organization lost our largest revenue months that help keep us sustainable, maintain our grounds, and allow us to provide quality programs to the community at a low cost. The funds from this event will help the Douglas-Hart Foundation continue to fulfill our mission: "Through the responsible stewardship of Helen Douglas Hart's gifts, the Douglas-Hart Foundation will be a leader in promoting the appreciation, enjoyment, and conservation of our natural resources by providing quality programs for all ages. "
Fri., Sept. 25, 4-8p.m.
Sat., Sept. 26, 12-3p.m. & 5-8p.m.
“Into the woods without delay, But careful not to lose the way. Into the woods, who knows what may be lurking on the journey?” The witch has cursed the woods to trap all that enter. Solve clues, riddles, codes, and more to break the witch’s curse in this outdoor escape room experience. Are you ready to go Into the Woods?
$50 per time slot (members)
$60 per time slot (non-members)
Pricing is per group, not person.
Pricing is the same regardless of group size.
Pre-registration required. Registration ends Thursday, Sept., 24th at Noon. Tickets will NOT be sold at the door.
What you can expect:
- This event is family friendly. Recommended for ages 7 & up. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older).
- Group sizes must be a minimum of 2 people, but no larger than 10 people. Please note that you are responsible for fulfilling your own group members (up to 10 people). We will not split your group or add people to your group, nor will we place you with random other groups.
- Participants in the group are encouraged to wear a mask during check-in as you may be near another group waiting or exiting, but group members will not be required to wear masks during the experience. Our staff and volunteers will wear masks during the entire event.
- Groups depart every 20 minutes.
- Upon registration, you will select a time slot to attend. Sunset should occur at about 6:45pm, so please keep this in mind when picking your time slot. Groups that depart after 6:45pm will complete some or all of the escape stations in the dark.
- Looking for a more challenging escape experience? Register for a time slot after 7pm to complete 'Into the Woods' in complete darkness. There will be minimal lighting at stations, but participants are encouraged to bring their own flashlights. There will also be a limited number of flashlights available for participants to borrow.
- We ask that you arrive 15 minutes before your designated time slot for check-in, restrooms, and expectations. If you arrive too early, you may have to wait outside the front doors until staff is ready for your group.
- It could take up to an hour to complete this outdoor escape room experience.
- Before departure, your group will receive a short introduction about the theme Into the Woods and the rules/expectations.
- Groups will walk on a short (~0.5 mile) designated hike path to 5 different escape stations. Please dress appropriately for the hike and weather.
- Each station will have volunteer facilitators to assist only when necessary.
- At each station, group members will work together to search for clues to help solve puzzles, riddles, codes, and more to ‘escape’.
- Groups will not actually be locked or trapped in anyway at the stations.
- You will get a maximum of 10 minutes to complete each escape station. Facilitators will give you the answers if you did not complete the clues within that time frame.
- Expect a short waiting period between stations if the group ahead of yours is not done yet. The facilitators will let you know when you can move onto the next station.
- Upon completing the outdoor escape room experience, your group will be offered an opportunity for a volunteer to take your picture on your device at our photo booth station before departing.
- We ask that participants in this event do not loiter on the property before or after your designated time slot to prevent large group gatherings.
- In the event of inclement weather, we will issue a refund to those registered for this event.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or issues registering.