Virtual Summer Library Programs 2020
We are saddened to announce that we have chosen to cancel ALL in-person summer library programs for Summer 2020. However, we are still here for you . . . VIRTUALLY!
The Douglas-Hart Nature Center is going VIRTUAL for the 2020 Summer Library Programs!
- Digology: It's time to dig up the past by exploring life as archaeologists and paleontologists.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth: You will be erupting with excitement as we dig deeper like burrowing animals into the layers of the earth. What will you discover during this journey?
- A 'Getting Started' document
- An interactive video of a Douglas-Hart Nature Center staff member and animation with stopping points called 'Dig Deeper Digests' for participants to pause the video to complete an activity.
- A materials list for the Dig Deeper Digests
- While the materials are not necessary to enjoy the educational video, it does enhance the experience by allowing interactive, engaging activities.
- Libraries can choose to supply the materials on their own, have participants get their own supplies, or purchase the material kits from the Douglas-Hart Nature Center for each participant. Each kit has enough materials for ONE participant. The kits are $2.50 (shipped) or $2.00 (pick-up). Pick-up will be available on Fridays between 9am-3pm at the Douglas-Hart Nature Center, or by appointment. Please allow 1-2 weeks for shipping.
- KITS CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED THROUGH JUNE 28TH at 5pm! Please order them before that date and time.
- The program material kits content list
- Digology Material Kit contents: Digology Workbook, crayons (6-pack), activity dough (1.5oz.), dino figurine, dino sticker, and a dino surprise item!
- Journey to the Center of the Earth Materials Kit contents: Journey Workbook, crayon (6-pack), activity dough (1.5oz), pre-cut mole craft pieces, worm toy, earth sticker, and a rock surprise item!
- NOTE: the only items not supplied, but will still be needed, are scissors and glue.
- The program workbook
- An additional resources list for participants to explore the program topic more on their own.
To purchase the programs and kits, click the buttons below!