Boy Scouts of America
Cub Scouts & Scouts BSA
Have a pack or troop needing to complete a badge? We have you covered! While we offer a wide range of badges, please feel free to reach out to us if there is one not listed. More often than not, we can make accommodations to fulfill most of the badge requirements.
Check out our Scouting Programs Brochure below:
Scouting Program Guidelines:
- Most programs require at least 2-4 hours to complete. Programs may be completed in one day or split over multiple days. We recommend the 4 hours programs be split into two 2-hour sessions. If you would like to do them in one day, we will work 2 hours in the morning, break one hour for lunch, and work 2 hours in the afternoon.
- Plan on booking your program at least 3+ months in advance. Certain badges require day light hours or warm weather to complete, so please keep this in mind when booking your program.
- Certain badge programs may be conducted at your meeting site. This involves a travel fee plus a per scout fee. Please inquire which programs may be done offsite.
- Participation does not always fulfill requirements for a badge. Programs with a * designates there is one or more pre/post requirements that must be completed on your own before or after the program. Pre/Post requirements will be listed as (PR: requirement #).
- If the instructor feels a scout/pack/troop did not adequately complete the requirement, he or she will not check scouts off on that requirement.
- Scouts BSA must bring a blue card signed by their scoutmaster. If the scout has completed requirements before the program, he or she must bring their work to the program to get signed off by the merit badge counselor.
- Scouts may contact our merit badge counselor to schedule a meeting for independent merit badge counseling free of charge. However, a “No Call No Show” will result in a $5 fee if the scout wants to reschedule for another meeting date.
- Scouts need to dress and be prepared for all elements of weather since most programs include outside time (Sunscreen, insect repellent, closed-toe shoes, coats, etc.).
- Programs are drop-off except at least one adult from each pack/troop must remain on the Douglas-Hart Nature Center property in case of emergency.
- The minimum number of participants for a scout program is 5 scouts. In the event 1 or more scouts do not show for the program making your total 4 or less participants, your pack/troop is still responsible for paying the 5 scout minimum program total.
- We encourage you to reschedule if you are aware that less than 5 scouts can attend the program. Our trained educators create fun, hands-on activities to meet program requirements that are designed for 5 or more scouts.
- Douglas-Hart Nature Center reserves the right to cancel/reschedule a program if the 5 scout minimum is not met. In this event, packs/troops will not be charged the $15 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before program time. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the program time will be charged a $15 cancellation fee for educator time and material prep.
Contact us to learn more or to schedule a program. Email email@example.com, call 217-235-4644, or submit the 'Scouting Program Interest Form' for a staff member to contact you. THANK YOU!