Wild Black Currant was chosen for spring interest because of its delicate yellow flowers
Wild Black Currant (Ribes americanum)
Your mom’s sister is sick, so the doctor will try to do what?
- Cure aunt!
Did you know?
- The fruit is edible
- The berries can be used to make jams, jellies, and pies
- American Black Currant
- Wild Black Currant
- Eastern Black Currant
- Fruits eaten by birds and other wildlife
- Habitat for wildlife
- Deer feed on the leaves and twigs
- Butterflies are attracted to the flowers
- 3-5' tall, with a crown width of 3-5'
- Full sun to partial shade
- Moist, well-drained soil
Select Identification Characteristics:
- Leaf Type: Simple
- Leaf Arrangement: Alternate
- Bud Arrangement: Alternate
- Terminal: Single