Speaking Engagement Topics:
- How It All Started: The Douglas-Hart Foundation History and the development of Friendship Garden and the Douglas-Hart Nature Center.
- HerStory: The life and legacy of Helen Douglas-Hart, lifelong resident of Coles County and the founder of the Douglas-Hart Foundation.
- This is Us: An overview of all the programs, events, volunteer opportunities, amenities, and more the Douglas-Hart Foundation provides to east central Illinois.
- Bountiful Benefits: An overview of the ample physical and mental benefits of nature and the outdoors.
- Coffee Filter Flusters: A keynote around new employees, interns, and volunteers and the onboarding experience.
- Pollinator Gardens: An overview of rain gardens, pollinator plots, and native prairie plants with the opportunity to visually design your garden space.
- Flight Risk: An overview of the Monarch Butterfly, its life cycle, migration patterns, and how it ended up on the endangered species list in 2022.
- Topic of Your Choice: Just ask us about a nature topic of your choice.
Speaking Engagements Guidelines:
- Speaking engagements are very flexible, but typically last 30-60 minutes. Please let us know approximate desginated speaking time.
- Speaking engagements are for adult audiences, for youth presentations for schools, libraries, or similiar, please click here.
- Travel fees and speaking fees may apply, especially outside Coles County.
- Often a projector and screen are needed for presentations, but not neccessary.
- Speaking engagements are led by a staff member of the Douglas-Hart Foundation.